Some people (such as myself) would like to know more about the pictures used as desktop backgrounds. Photographers would probably appreciate it if the interface exposed a path to their self and/or portfolio.
Basic Information Displayed
- The photo title (XMP Title field).
- The author’s name (XMP Creator field) formatted as a mailto: link with their e-mail address (XMP Creator: Email field).
- The author’s website (XMP Creator: Website field) as a web link.
Extended Information Displayed
- A description of the photo (XMP Description field).
- The place the photo was taken (the XMP Location, City, State/Province, and Country fields).
- The date the photograph was taken (EXIF digitization date).
- The camera used to capture the photo (EXIF make and model).
Though the photo is not actually by him (as far as I know; all metadata is stripped from the default desktop pictures), Art Wolfe is a great photographer.