Folders can be a crappy way to organize files. Fortunately, there is metadata such as Spotlight’s Project label, which is accessible through Desk Lamp.
- Find the files related to your project in Desk Lamp.
- Add a Project label.
- Type “project:insert label here”.
- After buying a license, save the blotter. Or if you honestly can’t spend the $20…
- Switch to the Finder.
- Select File > New Smart Folder.
- Select Other… from the pop-up menu.
- Scroll to or filter for “Projects”.
- Type the project label you used in Desk Lamp.
Desk Lamp also has the benefit of being able to set actual Spotlight keywords rather than (ab)using the Comments field like several other apps out there. I use Comments for comments.