Two potential improvements for Exposé.
- Place application icons behind the label text when Exposé’s All Windows mode is active.
- Delicious Library (review forthcoming)
- OmniWeb browser window with favicon
- A Finder window with a custom folder icon
A few implementation notes:
- The application’s icon could of course be displayed in Application Windows mode, but what would be the purpose other than to enforce consistency?
- I’m tempted to suggest that icons be displayed at their largest possible size, but since 10.4 will support 256×256 icons, I don’t think it is the right way to go because they could cover enough of the window’s content area that it could drastically decrease visual recognizability. Displaying them at a size that is somehow proportional to the size of the label text might be the way to go.
- I imagine some would want a boolean preference switch to turn off icon display altogether. Whatever floats your boat.
- Desaturate windows that have not been chosen after repeated Exposé switching in either Applications or All Windows mode. This would allow the user to focus on a given set of windows or documents without having to minimize those that they want open, but don’t need for the moment.
I’d like a job doing interface design.